We encourage each person to look for ways to get involved in ministry outside the church walls. God gives each of us great opportunities to make a difference in the lives of people right where we live, work, shop and play. If you (and your family) are looking for a place to serve, consider one of the opportunities below.
October 17: Metro Relief Service Day
Water’s Edge partners with Metro Relief every month to serve the homeless in downtown Dallas. What does “serving” look like? We head out on Metro Relief’s bus, serve soup and drinks, hand out clean socks and hygiene kits and build relationships with people who have next to nothing. We’ll provide whatever training is required. All you need to do is show up and have a heart to treat people with the respect you’d give a guest in your home.Click Here to Volunteer for Metro Relief
Support Generations Hope
Water’s Edge invites you to partner with Generations Hope’s community outreach at the Budget Suites in The Colony.
What Generations Hope does:
The Generations Hope outreach team and selfless volunteers work together to bring memorable experiences and meaningful relationships to underprivileged youth living in multi-family residences. We head out every Friday to gather, play, and pray. Our outreaches allow us to provide a safe place for kids to hang out, enjoy a hot meal, and have the chance to grow spiritually. We are known by the kids as “The Friday Night Club” and cherish the relationships we build every week through quality time, fellowship, and faith-based mentoring.
Please note, due to the Covid-19, the Friday night outreach has been temporarily cancelled until it is safe to return. Currently Generations Hope is serving this vulnerable community by providing weekly groceries and treat bags for the kids that are delivered on Friday afternoons.
How you can partner with Generations Hope:
Any form of contribution, big or small, goes a long way at Generations Hope. Our goal is to guarantee that this outreach remains sustainable long-term so that we can continue to offer support to those who need it most. Ways to help include bringing canned food and pantry staples to church to donate, purchasing items on our Amazon wish list, donating via Venmo or check, donating gift cards, and setting up your Amazon Smile and Kroger rewards with Generations Hope as your charity of choice.
- Amazon Smile & Amazon Wish List
- By shopping on AmazonSmile, and selecting “Generations Hope” as your chosen charity, you will be supporting us every time you make a purchase. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to Generations Hope if you shop through Smile.Amazon.com. Going to Amazon.com does not do this, so please make the switch – it’s a simple way to support us and at no extra cost to you!
- Please click the link below to join AmazonSmile with your Amazon account using the “Join AmazonSmile” button or you can select “Sign in” if you already have a charity selected. Once you sign into your Amazon account you will be able to view and purchase items on the Generations Hope Amazon Smile Wishlist.
- Contribute via Venmo: @Generations-Hope-1
- Contribute via Check: Made payable to Generations Hope
- Share on Social Media
The more help Generations Hope receives, the greater their capacity for serving our community. One of the easiest ways to help is by SPREADING THE WORD! Follow Generations Hope on social media.