Women’s Book Study on Tuesday Nights
When we mistake spiritual disciplines for to-dos, time slots on our schedule, or “Instagrammable” moments, we miss the benefits of Christ’s continual and constant work for us. In “Ragged”, Gretchen Ronnevik aims to reclaim spiritual disciplines as good gifts given by our good Father instead of heavy burdens of performance carried by the Christian. Only when we recognize our failure to maintain God’s commands do we also realize the benefit of our dependence on his promises. Gretchen uses this distinction of law and gospel, presented throughout Scripture, to guide readers through spiritual disciplines including prayer, meditation, Scripture reading, and discipleship among others. Despite our best efforts, the good news is that spiritual disciplines have less to do with what we bring before God and more about who Christ is for us, not only as the author but also as the perfecter of our faith.
- When: Tuesday Nights @ 7:00 PM (June 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29, July 6 & 13)
- Where: Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea (3010 FM 423 #500, Little Elm, TX 75068)
- Book: Ragged – Spiritual Disciplines for the Spiritually Exhausted by Gretchen Ronnevik can be purchased on Amazon. Please purchase and read chapters 1 & 2 by our June 1st meeting.
Questions: Angela Grassmuck (214-621-8222)
Please join us for a time to unwind and relax with friends! Invite a friend or neighbor. Please RSVP to Angela Grassmuck (214-621-8222) if you can make it.
- June 24: 7:00 PM at Mash’d (3401 Preston Rd Suite 1, Frisco)
- July 29: 7:00 PM at Pizzeria Testa (8660 Church Street, Frisco)
- August 26: 7:00 PM at Blue Goose Cantina (9320 Dallas Parkway, Suite 140, Frisco)
MOM, WILL YOU PRAY FOR ME?
Attention Moms! Do you worry about your children? Come experience how you can replace your anxiety and fear with peace and hope by praying with other moms. Moms In Prayer International Moms In Prayer (formally Moms In Touch )gathers moms together to pray specifically and scripturally for our children and schools. Won’t you join with us in prayer for this next generation? Most of our local schools have Moms in Touch groups and we would love to have you join us! Please contact the Moms In Prayer Area Coordinator, Alethea Crossman, for more information or visit www.MomsInTouch.org.