October 9 @ 5:30 pm - October 11 @ 10:00 am
When: October 9-11
Where: Brookhaven Christian Retreat center near Tyler, TX (www.brookhavenretreat.org)
Cost: $150* (includes 3 meals on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and retreat t-shirt) *Please contact Pastor Mark with any questions or for scholarship assistance.
The Outrage of Grace
Grace doesn’t make demands. It just gives. And from our vantage point, it always gives to the wrong person. We see this over and over again in the Gospels: Jesus is always giving to the wrong people—prostitutes, tax collectors, half-breeds. The most extravagant sinners of Jesus’ day receive his most compassionate welcome. Join us as Tullian Tchividjian explores the outrage of grace and how it can set us free.
About the Speaker
Tullian Tchividjian is a south Florida native. The middle of seven children, he dropped out of high school and got kicked out of his house at 16 years old. After a few years of running from God, God captured him and gave him a burning desire to reach a broken world with God’s boundless grace. He eventually graduated from Columbia International University, where he earned a degree in philosophy, and Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, where he earned his Master of Divinity degree.
A grandson of the late evangelist Billy Graham, Tullian was the founding pastor of New City Church in his hometown of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, which later merged with the historic Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in 2009, where he served as Senior Pastor until June 2015.
He wrote a number of best-selling books (One Way Love, Jesus + Nothing = Everything, Glorious Ruin, Surprised by Grace, Unfashionable), traveled extensively around the country speaking, founded a ministry called LIBERATE—a ministry that sought to “connect God’s inexhaustible grace to an exhausted world” through conferences, books, a website, a daily radio program, and a weekly TV broadcast—and then it all came crashing down in late spring of 2015.
As a result of infidelity, his first marriage ended in divorce and life as he knew it came to an end. In the aftermath of his season of self-destruction, Tullian met his current wife, Stacie—a native Texan. They have been married since August 2016, and together they have five children and two grandchildren.
In the years following Tullian’s crash and burn, he was nursed back to health by a handful of seasoned pastors, counselors, and friends, in addition to his loving wife, Stacie. Then in 2017, they started traveling and speaking at churches, recovery places, and other gatherings about how God heals broken people.
In early 2019, after being out of pastoral ministry for nearly four years, a group of people from Jupiter, Florida, approached Tullian and Stacie about the possibility of starting a new church. After months of conversations and meetings, prayer and counsel—and with the unequivocal blessing and support of their pastor and the elders of their home church in Cape Coral—Tullian and Stacie relocated to Palm Beach County to start “The Sanctuary”.
Friday Night, October 9
5:30 PM Arrive at location, check into rooms, and get settled
7:00 PM Welcome introduction and tone setting
7:15 PM Group lesson by Tullian Tchividjian
8:45 PM Free time & Fellowship
Saturday, October 10
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM Group lesson by Tullian Tchividjian
11:00 AM Alone time to purposefully process the group lesson
11:30 AM Lunch
12:30 PM Outing to the Biggs’ Family Farm (fishing, pistol/rifle range, skeet shooting, other activities)
5:30 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Group lesson by Tullian Tchividjian
8:30 PM Free time & Fellowship
Sunday, October 11
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM Worship
10:30 AM Departure
What to Bring
- Sheets, blanket or sleeping bag
- Folding chair / camping chair
- Personal toiletries – soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, deodorant
- Rain gear / jacket / hat
- Bible / notepad / pen
- Cooler & beverages*
(*Alcohol is permitted in the evenings during “free time”, if consumed responsibly and in moderation. If you would like to bring beverages to share, you can.)
When to arrive:
- You can start arriving as early as 5:30 PM. Please check in for your name tags & shirts. There will be no meal Friday evening, so eat before you arrive, or bring something with you.
Bring some extra cash:
- The Ashcraft family allows us to use their farm at no cost. However, there is wear and tear we put on the place. We will be collecting cash donations to help offset the cost to clean up and repair the hand gun and rifle range.
- The staff at Brookhaven does a great job of taking care of us. On Sunday we will take up a tip to reward the staff for their generosity and hard work.
- On Saturday we will be going to the Biggs’ Family Farm for manly activities such as fishing, skeet shooting, range shooting (rifles/ handguns), and hiking, canoeing, etc. If you have any outdoor games, such as corn hole, horseshoe and washers, please bring them along.
- The address of the farm is – 21509 FM 16W, Lindale, TX 77571
- https://goo.gl/maps/V75J7DewYjS2 You can print directions by clicking on this link.
- For skeet shooting, please bring shotgun shells and sporting clay targets to share (preferably the White Flyer brand of targets because they are biodegradable).
- The handgun range will be open this year. Please bring targets to place out in the range.
(748 County Road 3909 Hawkins, TX 75765)
From Dallas: Take Interstate 20 East (I-20E) approximately 100 miles and take exit 562 (FM 14). Go north on FM 14 through Hawkins. Five (5) Miles North of Hawkins, turn right at the four-way stop onto FM 2869. Go 1.5 miles east on FM 2869 and you’ll see the Brookhaven sign on the left. Turn left onto CR 3909 (blacktop road) and proceed ¾ mile to the Retreat Center. When the road splits, keep straight to enter the Retreat’s parking lot.
For more information, please contact Tedd Klovstad.
Step 1: FILL OUT the Registration Form Step 2: Click Here to PAY